Nepalese abroad study market tends to
fluctuate from one country to another with the ease of visa
process as most of the students prefer country where visa can be
easily obtained. Currently, students’ interest to apply for
abroad studies has switched to United Kingdom from Australia.
Main reasons to attract students to UK are as follows:
1. Point Based Visa System. It is the system where students need
to have 40 points to get visa. First 30 points they obtain from
the Visa Letter from licensed education provider and next 10
points they obtain from the maintenance of fund for living
expenses, which only for nine months.
2. Easier financial documents requirement. Students need to show
only first year tuition fee and nine months living expenses,
which is monthly 900 pound sterling in mainland UK (London and
nearby station) and 600 pound sterling outside London.
3. Option of work permit after the completion of Bachelors
degree in UK and even after the completion of two years Higher
National Diplomas in Scotland.
4. Less documents required, like family relation certificate,
police clearance certificate and bank balance letter.
Despite of all these easier documentation, still many students
are not getting visa. It is mainly because they apply without
much preparation and little attention is given to check the
filled application forms and visa letter from approved provider.
Universities/Colleges that we recruit directly and through other
partner consultancies in Nepal;
1. Edinburgh School of Business
2. Ethames Graduate School
3. Halifax College
4. Tasmac College of london
5. Waltham Forest college
6. The Manchester College
7. North Glasgow College
8. Bradford College
9. Southgate College London
10. Saint marys University college
11. Canterbury Christ church University
12. Middlesex university
13. London Metropolitan University
14. Edinburgh Telford college
15. Liverpool hope University
16. University of Nottingham
17. Newcastle College
18. Adam Amith College
19. London College of Management and Information Technology
Courses on Demand:
The degree of the courses are; Foundation Level, National
Diplomas, Higher National Diplomas, Bachelors Degree, Honors
Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Post Graduate.
The available courses are: Business, Hotel Management, Travel
and Tourism, Computing, Nursing, Teachers Education, Health &
Social Care, Accounting and Financial Management, Music,
Creative Practice, Beauty Therapy, Animation and Illustrations,
Ceramic Practice, Dance, Animations, Culinary & Patisserie,
Creative Advertising, Community & Public Services, Interior
Design, Spa Therapies, Stage Management & Technical Production,
Television & Media Practice, Textiles, Bio-technology,
Construction & Building Technology, Sports & leisure Management,
Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Gerontology,
Fashion Design etc.
Available Intake Dates: Mostly there are two intake dates at UK
colleges and Universities in September and February, But
colleges may have different intakes date, but mostly they fall
in the months of January, April, August and October.
Requirement for international students to study in UK.
1. Must have completed GCE A level, equivalent to 10 + 2, but
students with only GCE O Level can also apply but need to go
with foundation courses.
2. English Requirement – student should English proficiency
test, IELTS with minimum score of 5.5. Students can also apply
without English Test, but they need to study English for minimum
of three months.
3. Students under 18 years of age must arrange guardianship.
4. Students with study gap must produce the reliable evidence to
support the gap.
Visa Processes and Factors Affecting Visa Decisions
According to the new rule of visa processing, the following
steps are there in visa processing;
1. Confirm the eligibility and choose the course. Apply to the
concerned university or college with appropriate application
forms and supporting documents like, your certificates and
transcripts of School Leaving Certificate, Higher Secondary
Examination, IELTS Score Sheet, Copy of Passport and proof of
experience where needed.
2. College/ University issues Offer Letter.
3. Get the permission from Ministry of Education, Nepal for No
4. Make Demand Draft of the first years’ or first semester
5. Send the demand draft to the school through agency you are
6. Wait for the CAS (Confirmation of Authentication of Studies)
Letter, it also called Visa Letter.
7. Check you Visa Letter to match the name of yours to find out
any errands, intake date, fees paid and other details.
8. Arrange first nine months living expenses at bank in your or
9. Apply at VFS center, Maharajgunj, with relevant photographs,
and other documents.
10. Wait for the visa decision, which normally takes a month to
two. It is said that BHC (British High Commission – New Delhi)
issues the visa in nine working days, but it totally depends on
the number of visa applications.
Factor Affecting Visa Decisions
It is normal trend that every genuine student get visa easily
than a student with curvy academic background. But the main
factors are your compilation and composition of documents. You
should never try to cheat embassy with faulty documents, which
result visa rejection and you may not be eligible to apply again
to the same country.
Positive Profile students:
Given below are the factors which determine what consider to be
a “Positive Profile” student.
Good academic record
IELTS score of atleast 5.5 or evidence of having met English
language entry requirements for the study
Verifiable evidence of funds to meet the educational and
Sufficient amount of fund to cover the fees and expenses.
Intended course of study relevant to qualifications/ work
Clear health & character requirements
We do suggest students to make sure that the chosen course is of
your interest and you want to excel career in the same field. It
is also your responsibility to see the requirement and general
instruction to the international students in the
college/university website. It is better to focus on study
rather than seeing the prospects of more income because you can
make lot more when you complete the chosen area of your study.
Do not believe in fake promises given at every nook and corners
of the street like visa guarantee, job guarantee, and admission
We suggest you do proper study before you apply to a country
regarding the education systems, part-time employment
opportunities, climate, people and work culture. It obvious that
when you go to study in English speaking country, you need to
have good proficiency of English.